Saturday 15 November 2008

John's Appreciation Day..or lack of it..

If every there was a time when I wanted to be one of those amazingly Popular girls who can just think "Ooh let's have a party" and have one to envy those held in the Playboy Mansion, this was the day.
Granted, I did not want a big one, Just a gathering of friends to force John to celebrate the fact he is well liked..hence the name "John Appreciation Day".
The plan was simple..Get everyone to text him during the day a message like "Happy Appreciation Day" and make him go to Putney where every one I could find/ steal/threaten would be there so he would be showered with Love..

Hmm, it sounded good in writing didn't it..?

The plan fell apart so fast it was like the Gods in heaven were angry at me..
Rosie went to Shelfield Phoebe disappeared from the face of the Earth and everyone else sent sheepy texts saying "Sorry, Can't make it". The same people who promised the night before..Grr.
It turned bad to worse when John himself had to cancel (his family was in need of his driving skills). I was crushed..

Who came then..?

Chris (John's really good friend from Cheam) and Belinda. Poor sods.

Was not all bad as they got on well enough and drink was brought to forgot the pain and embarrassment. Plus Chris entertained us with his card Playing.."Bullshit" is his weakness BTW..Log that info if you plan to beat him at cards!

A restaurant called "Friends" was also invaded. It was actually quite nice food- Mixture of Thai, Chiense and Japenese. Ace stuff- and cheap..So very, very Cheap!
Hm, still not the way I wanted things planned, but at least the night had some smiles in it!


A little Truth in that Statement, hmmm..?


Flashy with the Cash..

Belinda posing with the bill

Chris struggling to win with Bullshit

2 comments:

Nessie said...

Haha WHERE IS CHEAM?
and ps. I SENT HIM AN 'I ADMIRE YOU' TEXT.. just as was planned on the facebook thing. so!!!! I did not cancel at least. Granted I sent it a coupla hours late.. but I DID SEND IT :)
hahaha :)
xx

~Pixie~ said...

LOL,
Cheam is near Sutton, Past Wimbledon.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Cheam%2C+London&oi=geocode_result&resnum=0&ct=directions-to&daddr=Cheam%2C+Sutton%2C+Greater+London&saddr=Cadwell+park&rl=1

Hmm, I know you did..Aceness..:P