Sunday 13 July 2008

Rise up for the festival now










The rise festival. A place where people can lay aside their differences and all come together against racism..At least that was the orignal idea of the festival. Instead thanks to Mr Johnson the mayor, it turned into a political minefield. He said there is no such thing as racism.
Of course there isn't! We were just having big joke with the name calling and bullying were'nt we?..
Anyway besides from the fact others were using it to fuel their hate, it was a good day.. I met up with Claude and John in Finsbury Park and just chilled in the grass listening to various artists. Cannot remember most of them..The Aliens and CSS were fun to listen to. There were 6 different stages too, so a wide range of things. :P There was also a reaction tester which was cool. It had 10 buttons that flashed one by one. You pressed them as fast as you can in 30 seconds. I got 33, Claude 29 .John 39! I was impressed! Claude was hung over so did not say much as was John (Proof Alochol was bad for you) though we did send him on the way for more Beer! We got approched my Hare Christians and gave them money, So to evan it out John decided to argue with the Green Peace Activists saying "So why are you so right then?!". I had to walk away.
Forgot to mention there was a funfair as well, and lots of food stalls there. Tasty. It was heavenly!

Claude left us early, so we soon left for Chelsea..I had a bet whether I could bet him on the tube to mine, on his motorbike. He won. I felt well upset. Damn it all.

No comments: