Tuesday 27 May 2008

The final view of the Seaside





Okie, so being the adventurous people we are, we couldn't bear to leave Portsmouth without visiting the Isle of Wright and exploring what it had to offer. unlike the senisble tourist though, instead of going to the main road, we went the back way. The result?..Pain from the thorns, being half drown by the waves and a race against the tide when we realised there was no way to get up. A lot of slippery rocks we climbed as well as sneaking past signs saying "Private Property". We did have fun though. I swam in the Sea (I will leave it up to the reader to decide whether it was of the Skinny dipping kind though) and me and John were being "Ray Mears" Like. I was grateful when we reached civilisation and more excited when I saw a pub. Who says alcohol is bad for you hmm?.. I was a bit sad when we entered the ferry without anything to show for the weekend, except a few shells and a handful of postcards. I didn't even have rock! Tut tut! Hmm, Back at London saw the rain finally catch up with us..It seems while we were having mini swims in a hot beach, the world as we know it suffered from rain for the long weekend..Timing on our part to have a break or what.. I did have to go to Lectures in the morning which was a comedown. That and waking up at 9am. Torture after lazy days and night. Feel pity for me if you will ;p







2 comments:

Nessie said...

DEFINITELY SKINNY DIPPING THEN!
no one in their right mind would get their clothes wet just for a little bit of fun (when they can do it nakie style) ;p
xx

~Pixie~ said...

Hehe..
Am I that obvious?...
It was fun and cold and a little bit of a thrill..