Saturday 24 May 2008

a day out in London. Pixie Style












Okie, so even though I was looking forward to going out to the musical "Wicked" this Friday I was a bit of a twat and mixed up the times. This lead to me and Shane having to think of Plan B fast...so a day out in the British muesum was argeed on. (Who said we can't be cultured?)
We did go out shopping in the west end for books first. Shane brought Manga, I got a Irish book. Well, in a sense. It was about the Irish people and the culture..Xenophobe's guide to the Irish.

Favourite Quotes.. "There is no use denying it. Irish people talk a lot. They don't know why. It seems to pour out of them...Whatever the reason they just can't abide the silence. It's a vaccum that must be filled".
"..They are also noted for the eloquence of their speech. The colourful phrase just comes to them naturally, like whiskers to a goat."
"..it is said that every Irish person has a book inside him or her. Very few can be persuaded to leave it there."

hmm, anyway, we chilled in Waterstone's with me sulking over the lack of strawberries and reading out questionable articles from a magazine I found on a table. Really, the Americans are sex mad. Apperantly the ear is a sexy spot. And behind the knee- who would have guessed? When we finally got to the muesum, I noticed that Shane was impressed. Hard not to with his boy like joy. There was a lot to see, though we did go to see the Mummies, Muslim and China displays. I forgot how big the rooms were there! We had a quick lunch and went to Covent Garden to finish our Tourist day. The buskers were quite fun, though I had to run soon after to meet Belinda and Aster in Kingston. It was supposed to be for her birthday celebration, although due to her mum setting a last minute curfew, we only had a chance to eat in Blue Hawii and then drink in Weatherspoons, Putney. It seems that every club in Putney was for over 21's so a few shots of Blue Lagoon (not that we had an obession of that colour!) did us. I was a little upset the party fizzled out so early, but hey, at least I will get sleep for the mini adventure in Portsmouth tomorrow!


2 comments:

Nessie said...

Lol!
you look so drunk in the 5th picture :) OF COURSE UR CULTURED, u go to national history museum all the time. and we did a video for the Science museum before, do u remember? hahaha good times :)

~Pixie~ said...

I wasn't that drunk which was the scary thing..
Aww..you think I'm cultured?..
Good stuff!