Tuesday 19 August 2008

Let us celebrate the Wickedness

As promised to Shane I finally saw Wicked with himin Victoria.
Well to be fair it was more then just a trip to the threatre. It was "Shane is my bitch day" where I treated him to food and entertainments. It was only fair, as for the last few times I have seen him, he paid for me..(even when not asked).
We met at Victoria, then we departed with the tickets to Waterloo. There was nothing really to do there except wander round like Tourists. It was fun, as we watched the various buskers. Hungry work it seems as we were both starving. A posh resturant tucked in the corner served our needs well..Mussels + Chips for Shane. Chicken and Potatos for meee. Plus desserts. Had to keep the kid happy ;p

Nothing worth writing about happened til we went to the Musical in the evening. The rest of the time was spent in a quaint bookstore in Treadwell Street, and talking. No gossip for you folks!

My opinions of Wicked..?
Ace. Fucking smart and clever. Must get the book- and I would advice you to see it tooo...<3
Good times :P

(Thanks Shane).


Favourite Song lyrics..


Dancing thru Life Song:
FIYERO
The trouble with school is
They always try to teach the wrong lesson
Believe me, I've been kicked out
Of enough of them to know
They want you to become less callow
Less shallow
But I say: why invite stress in?
Stop studying strife
And learn to live "the unexamined life":

Defying Gravity:

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!


I am not that girl..
Hands touch, eyes meet
Sudden silence, sudden heat
Hearts leap in a giddy whirl
He could be that boy
But I'm not that girl:

Don't dream too far
Don't lose sight of who you are
Don't remember that rush of joy
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl

Ev'ry so often we long to steal
To the land of what-might-have-been
But that doesn't soften the ache we feel
When reality sets back in

Blithe smile, lithe limb
She who's winsome, she wins him
Gold hair with a gentle curl
That's the girl he chose
And Heaven knows
I'm not that girl:

Don't wish, don't start
Wishing only wounds the heart
I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl
There's a girl I know
He loves her so
I'm not that girl:





4 comments:

Nessie said...

WOWWW!! HOW MUCH WERE TICKETS??? XX

~Pixie~ said...

£25 each so not that bad

Nessie said...

*ouch. Still alot to mere malaysian me LOL well glad it was good at least! :D

~Pixie~ said...

It was worth it..
Was ace..!