Thursday 24 April 2008

Oceana..As good as it was hyped up to be











Hmm, as I was invited to a birthday party I had the chance to enjoy the mavallous that is Kingston's Oceana. Cassie and John had been before, but the trouble with living in Chelsea and going to Kingston is pretty evident when it comes to the Nightlife. Still, I was looking forward to seeing what the South had to offer as opposed to the West end. Turns out quite a lot. First a quick drink was had in pub before the group (a mixture of people, since it was 2 birthday celebrations) headed towards the club. I stayed with John. Partly as he went off with my passport, and so I had to wait til he came back, and secondly I was a little intimdated by the size of Oceana. It was not one club, but several engulfed into one massive one. The cheese room is where we headed to, to dance to the likes of Spice girls and 5ive. I still enjoyed it, though you would find me more in camden clubs. *Cough* KOKO *Cough*. The party was cut short, as Rachal (the 3rd year nurse, Cassie's good mate who lives with her, and whose place I was crashing) had placement at 7 the next day. We disappeared off, and was about to carry on arguing merrily down the road, when Cassie saw a homeless guy that was so drunk, we felt the need to call an ambalance. Which started a heated desision over Society vs People- who has the responsibity for the Homeless?..(I said both and was glared at by both sides!) Hmm, Home safely, saw us eat Crisps off the floor where we dropped them and chat til 4. So a bittersweet evening ended with a rather sweety. ...... Oh and the paramedics praised us for the fact we cared. Nice to hear I feel.

No comments: